Dress Code and Grooming for Students:
All students are expected to dress appropriately for school. Students and their parents/guardians have the primary responsibility for adherence to the Clayton County Public Schools policies and procedures. Teachers and all other school personnel will reinforce acceptable student dress and help students develop an understanding of appropriate appearance. The students in grades Pre-K - 12 are now REQUIRED to wear a school assigned uniform for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Top-- Black, Blue, White or Red
Bottoms- Blue, Black, or Khaki
• Belts are required, no sagging of pants
• Flip-flops, shower shoes, skate shoes, and house slippers are not permitted
• Headgear of any kind is not allowed. (Exceptions are considered for headwear or scarves worn as a part of a
student’s religious practice or documented medical reasons)
• Skinny pants, tights, or leggings that substitute as pants are not acceptable
• Pants must be completely fastened, belted, or buttoned without tears
• Pants shall be worn so that the waistband is worn at the waist and not below
• Shorts and skirts may not be shorter than three inches above the knee
Designs, Emblems and Lettering:
• Any design, emblem or lettering which refers to or promotes drugs, alcohol, profanity, immodesty or racial, ethnic or sexual discrimination is not allowed.
• Graphics, pictures, or writing on clothing is not permitted except as part of an insignia and shall be no larger than 4 inches by 4 inches
• Long overcoats or sweaters that can conceal contraband will be removed immediately upon arrival at the school or school function.
Students with disabilities may be granted a reasonable accommodation. Such requests shall be produced in writing and submitted to the principal for approval.